The benefits of a well organized office, whether it be a home office, small company office or a corporate office cannot be overstated. The most obvious benefits are functionality, productivity and efficiency.
You are able to find everything when you need it, thereby able to service your clients or customers quickly and efficiently, and people like that. They don’t want to hear that you can’t find their paperwork or whatnot. People don’t like excuses.
Another benefit of a well organized office is less stress. Put simply, you know where stuff is. Your files are where they should be. Your computer is also organized so you can easily and quickly find documents and images. And I think we can agree less stress in our lives is a huge plus.
As a professional organizer and organizing service here in Bergen County NJ since 2009, we’ve had plenty of experience helping clients get their offices and work spaces optimally organized, decluttered and in excellent working order. We set up a system that you can easily stick with and stay organized with for the long term.
Here are just a few of the ways we help you:
- Declutter, sort and shred everything you are not using, haven’t used in a long time, don’t want or don’t need
- Establish an efficient filing system – since we are in the digital age, mountains of paper files are no longer necessary to have around
- Organize your digital and cloud based filing areas – keep less files on your actual hard drive, more on the cloud. Hard drives die.
- Declutter your desktop. Keep the necessary tools you use and get rid of the rest.
- Declutter and organize your filing and supply drawers or cabinets.
- Create inboxes that make sense especially if you work with other people.
- Sort through your mail on a regular basis to avoid the dreaded PILE
- Rearrange your office furniture for a more relaxing, realigned and functional way to work. This encourages productivity. Productivity is good.
- Create zones for different tasks. The creation of work space zones also encourages productivity which means you get more stuff done and move on.