We see many searches in our Google Analytics for “affordable home staging” and when we check them out, the searches are filled with “cheap home staging”, “home staging that doesn’t cost a dime”, “home staging equals rearranging chairs”.
People, you couldn’t be more WRONG!
As professional organizers and accredited home stagers, and, may we add, as a licensed real estate agent here in Bergen County, New Jersey, there is a distinct art to home staging that only a professional can achieve, which will net you up to 6% more when your home sells.
You may think that home staging is nothing more than rearranging chairs, or that it can be done on the cheap so you don’t have to pay anyone to do it, but, did your home sell for more when you attempted that? Of course not. Did you home spend less days on the market after your home staging attempt? No, it did not.
Here’s why you should not attempt to do it yourself, and why you SHOULD engage a professional to do it for you.
- Successful home staging always starts with professional organizing. You need to cut through the years of stuff you’ve collected, and be able to discard, donate, or otherwise get rid of the “stuff”. A professional organizer helps you do exactly that in at least half the time it would normally take you.
- Decluttering and organizing leave the pathway open for you to be able to de-personalize your home so that it can begin the home staging process, whereby it becomes an entity that a potential buyer can come into and feel like they “are home”. Not in YOUR home, but in THEIR POTENTIAL NEW HOME.
- A professional home stager is able to de-personalize your home successfully, and beautifully, tucking your beloved pictures and memories away for you, and making the residence a place of neutral inviting beauty that will not only impress a potential buyer but make them feel like THIS IS THEIR NEW SPACE.
- A professional home stager will rearrange your furniture to give more of an open concept feel, without knocking down walls, and give your rooms a natural flow of positive energy that buyers find attractive.
- At the end of the day, the professional home stager will be able to up your game on the real estate market by decluttering, organizing, de-personalizing and engaging a positive flow that nets you up to 6% more on your sales price.
What’s not to love?
Oh yeah. The price of the professional organizing and home staging. That’s right. It shouldn’t cost a dime, right?
Well actually it costs less than $500. At least with our services it costs less than $500. That is your investment in getting to sell your home quicker and for more money.
If your home is priced to sell at around $450,000 and it sells for 5 to 6% more because of the aforementioned services, your investment of $500 is well worth it in comparison to the $22500 to $27000 you gain over selling price because it was organized and professionally staged.