Maureen McCullough LLC is your expert, all in one soup to nuts website services provider. One stop shopping for all of your website needs. We work locally with clients in Bergen County, New Jersey as well as across the United States and Canada.
Why is a soup to nuts all in one website service provider important? For one reason, you save money by not having to hire separate professionals for the many different facets that make up a good, strong website which generates business and sales and gets the phone ringing. You also don't have to deal with multiple personalities in order to get the job done.
Most clients do not realize:
- the many different moving parts that make up a successful website
- the complexity of correctly building a website
- the skill sets needed
- and, what is involved
That is why Maureen McCullough LLC is here to educate you.
What are these mission critical moving parts?
- Website development
- Website design
- Graphic design
- Content writing
- SEO - search engine optimization
- Marketing - social, printed and more
All of these require different skill sets. Just to get a quality website built all of these skill sets are deployed to create the final finished product.
What are the differences between these critical moving parts of a website? They are explained simply - non techie - here.
- Website design encompasses taking the website development plans and transforming them into the pleasing visual that is known as the actual website. This process usually involves several layers as tweaking and adjustments need to be made in order to get to the finished look for the website.
- Graphic design involves the creation of a logo for the business, or, if the business already has a logo, sometimes it is re-designed and enhanced. This graphic design phase also extends to creating the "branding" for the business, which is the extended, cohesive and recognizable "look" for the business that can be used across multiple platforms such as the website, social media, YouTube channel and any printed promotional pieces for the business. This channels the look into an instantly recognizable "brand".
- Content writing encompasses website content, blog content, newsletter content and social media marketing content. All of which require a strong knack for proper writing, usage of the right keywords and longtail keywords, and compilation in such a way that is interesting to the reader and also delivers the right message about the company, the business and the product. In other words, content that is engaging.
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization is all about getting found in the search engines. The whole idea of SEO is quite simple and straightforward actually. SEO is a function that when done correctly, enables your website to be found by potential customers or clients who DO NOT know your business name, don't know who you are and never heard of you before. For those who already know your business name, who you are and what you do or sell, well, that segment of the population is in the bag for you. And let's face it, it's a crowded world out there. 98% of your potential client or customer base don't know you exist. That is the absolute no brainer reason for having good quality SEO done for your website. It gets you discovered and makes your phone ring.
- Marketing is a broadly defined term that covers website marketing, social media marketing and printed promotional products marketing. In other words, mechanisms that get the word out about you, your company and your products or services. These mechanisms range from well constructed longtail keyword rich blog posts to Facebook and Instagram to business cards, product tags, brochures and much more, to get your business the visibility it needs to be profitable and successful.
That being said, there are many website builders such as Wix, Squarespace and GoDaddy who give you all the tools you need to put together a website yourself.
It all depends on your mindset. Really, that's it.
If you are a business owner who doesn't know about all the moving parts behind the scenes, who leans towards doing things DYI and who thinks in terms of "I'll just do it myself and save all that money" you will go with the website builders available to you, utilizing their cookie cutter templates and one size fits all tools.
If you choose to build your website yourself, you can take pride knowing you designed your website all by yourself. And, you saved all that money by doing it yourself.
Now, you CAN hire a designer who specializes in Wix, Squarespace and GoDaddy website builders. They are generally not cheap.
There's just one hiccup that will cost you business.........................
The one thing that ALL, and yes, I mean ALL of them are woefully lacking in is SEO. They allow you at most 5 keywords to use for your entire website.
The idea behind SEO is to be found organically by potential clients / customers who DO NOT know your company name, but find you thanks to expert SEO.
These potential clients put in several different search terms, bringing up millions of websites, and choose one or two from the first two pages of Google. Without expert SEO, which website builders are not equipped with, it's kind of difficult to get the phone to ring unless you have a vast network of friends and business associates to give you referrals.
Your website is the virtual calling card for your business. Do you want it to work hard for you and bring you business? Do you want your phone to ring? Do you want to convert traffic into sales?
A website builder is good for your first website, to give you a jumping off point to expand down the road with a custom website design. It is not a long term solution by which your business will not only survive but thrive.
By hiring a company who gives you soup to nuts service, expert custom website design, SEO and marketing, you are making a wise investment in your business. You don't have to hire multiple service providers. You work with one service provider who gets to know you and your company as if it was their own.