So, your Etsy shop is open for business. So is your website. And your Facebook business page is up, as is your Instagram business page. But somehow, everything is feeling a little disconnected.
Here’s a tip to make your shop and your business unforgettable to your visitors, even if they don’t remember your shop name. Which they won’t the first couple of times they visit you or come across your shop or website from a Google search, unless they think to bookmark you which most don’t.
And that tip is…………
Make sure your branding is as professional across the board and as transparent across the board as you can possibly make it. All the big retailers do it, for a very good reason. People see something that the big retailer offered, can’t remember for the life of them the name of the retailer. Was it “retailer A” or was it “retailer B” but all they can remember is that logo or image they saw in the retailers branding. Be it the target mark (Target) or some other image that personifies the company.
And how do you go about that?
Collaborate with a marketing firm who can design a logo for you, as well as various high resolution, high quality images depicting your product, your work, or your message. Who you choose is ultimately up to you but it should be someone who is inherently familiar with website branding plus Etsy shop branding.
What do you need?
Every small business is different and has different needs, but ultimately it boils down to several necessary images.
If you are the owner of an Etsy shop and are NOT on the plus plan, you will need the following:
- a big banner for your storefront, 3360 pixels x 480 pixels.
- a profile picture – can be your picture or something that represents you or your shop – 500 pixels x 500 pixels
- a shop icon – ideally your logo in some configuration – 500 pixels x 500 pixels scalable
- an order receipt banner – again, ideally, your logo in some configuration plus perhaps a short thank you message – 760 pixels x 100 pixels
- the mini banner which measures 1200 pixels x 160 pixels is really not necessary as it does not appear on mobile devices, so is basically useless
If you are the owner of an Etsy shop who IS on the plus plan, you need what is noted above plus:
- 4 product images for the 4 image collage you can create using Etsy’s tool
- or, the optional carousel which is 4 rotating images that can be linked to 4 shop sections if you choose
- the carousel images ideally showcase products in your shop or something that represents your shop – 1200 pixels x 300 pixesl
Facebook Business Page:
- your cover image – 820 pixels x 312 pixels
- your profile picture – can be you or preferably your logo – 170 pixels x 170 pixels
Instagram Business Page:
- your profile picture – can be you or preferably your logo – 110 pixels x 110 pixels
- your Instagram story image – 1080 pixels x 1920 pixels
- your Instagram TV cover – 420 pixels x 654 pixels
As with all images and banners keep your main image / information closer to the center of the graphic rather than spread out to the edges, where it can get cut off and looks tacky.
I also advise watermarking your banners and carousel images with your logo to avoid inadvertent “borrowing” of your graphic branding images by others.
If you need help with your cohesive, transparent branding across the board efforts for your small business give us a call or text us at 201.753.1677 – we can help you create a branding message that is perfect for your business but also with your Etsy shop SEO and social media marketing efforts!
In business 20+ years helping clients throughout the United States and Canada grow and expand their small businesses!