So you’ve got yourself a brand new startup business and you’re wondering where the heck to get started building your new empire. Let’s say you are starting an e-commerce store. All the online ads about starting an e-commerce store make it look and sound so easy. It’s not. There are many facets involved in pulling it all together and getting it to work right.
That’s why your startup business will benefit from the guidance of a business coach.
Here are just a few hurdles you will face:
- deciding what your business model will be, subject to evolution and change
- picking an e-commerce venue that is right for your business model
- deciding whether you will be needing dropshippers or making your own product or sourcing product to buy and stock
- carefully researching your dropshippers to find one that will work with your budget and your business model
- picking a domain name that fits exactly with your marketing brand that you will establish
- picking the right e-commerce store template that will work for you – features, layout, customization abilities, etc.
- choosing the right colors for your e-commerce store – color psychology is very important
- setting up shipping, taxes, and other backend tools for a smooth and correct checkout experience for your customers
- loading products
- writing SEO friendly category or collection titles as well as descriptions
- writing SEO friendly product titles and descriptions
- pricing your product to fit your targeted market of potential buyers
- properly creating a BUSINESS Facebook page – taking advantage of all the tools given, naming it in accordance with your branding
- properly creating a BUSINESS Instagram page – again, taking advantage of all tools and keeping your branding consistent
- tying Facebook and Instagram together so that they work seamlessly
- integrating your store products on Facebook
- integrating your store products on Instagram
- establishing a branded Pinterest presence
- putting your product feed out to Google Shopping
- consistently marketing your product for best visibility and to keep it fresh
- using the proper hashtags on your Facebook posts and your Instagram posts
- researching best keywords on Google
- choosing an email newsletter provider and creating attention getting emails
In most cases, the startup business owner will not have a comprehensive list like this to guide them down the path to success. And even if they do, it’s far too much of a daunting task without the knowledge and experience of a business coach to help you and guide you along. Cutting through all the hype and zeroing in on what needs to be done and getting it done correctly is critical to a successful launch and building up your business.